Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these individuals in Derby and ask them to post an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Derby and you are wanting to rank for a local Derby service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a referral link. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Derby, Connecticut on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your property and keeping a authoritative referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those dashboards and some information on how they will assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, find link building opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Derby and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your sites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this tool allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Some of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. The features made available on Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for discovering back links pointing to your web site. This is great for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to follow the rankings of specific key words and URLS. Software like this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking details indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying key terms that you want rank your site for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Derby, Connecticut. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Connecticut.
Derby Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.