Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Detroit Lakes and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Detroit Lakes and you are wanting to rank for a local Detroit Lakes service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a an inbound link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those interfaces and some basic info on how they can assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate referral links, discover linking opportunities, discover bad links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Detroit Lakes and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of free to use SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this site to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO business, this software allows you to monitor and track sudden changes with a clients online presence. Many of the tools offered through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient tool that allows you to monitor the condition of your web site. Most of the features made available within Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering backlinks referring to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Detroit Lakes Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.