What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to web standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, analyze it, and deliver it to web users that are searching for your products or services on the internet.
By staying within W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your SEO lasts through search algorithm version updates and that it’s consistent across all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Imagery, videos, documents, and social profiles can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Detroit it may take around three to six months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in Michigan is different. So we suggest, focus on what makes sense, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Here Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Resort to this document for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should find out more about this grassroots coalition and their standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes immensely, make sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are some basic guidelines to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to download that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Detroit then you will want to consider using Detroit in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the article you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Detroit” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their websites. A real popular plugin installed as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. Yoast has some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to configure your web page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a page that also provides value. Don’t send an outbound link to another website about the same topic, rather include the link with anchor to something semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be attempting to rank your page for. Building a link to another local Detroit business can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to add H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content is about.
• Page Content – Include as much useful content to the viewer as you can, see below. This should include graphics, articles, video, Google docs, Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and much more.
• Images – If you can make your own graphics to embed on your post then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Detroit then consider labeling it “Detroit town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it is relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Detroit is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Detroit proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be flowing with content. Articles, photos, motion graphics, authority links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a hosted video provides value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Building business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Detroit on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important factor today could become less effective in the future. I believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your properties to be optimized for years to come.
Detroit SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.