Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to any of these associates in Devils Lake and ask them to post an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Devils Lake and you are wanting to rank for a local Devils Lake service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Devils Lake, North Dakota on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your site and keeping a authoritative back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of those interfaces and some basic information on how they will help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, find bad links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Devils Lake and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free to use optimization optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software offered through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the features available within Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for locating links pointing to your website. This is helpful for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key terms that you want to rank for. You can configure specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Devils Lake, North Dakota. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in North Dakota.
Devils Lake Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.