Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Dickinson and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dickinson and you are wanting to rank for a local Dickinson service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only create a local presence in Dickinson, North Dakota on those profiles but to also link back to your page from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web page and keeping a nice backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the tools and some information on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate negative backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Dickinson and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free to use SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites optimization. For people running an SEO business, this subscription allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a clients online presence. Most of the services provided in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful interface that allows you to manage the health of your site. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating inbound links pointing to your web site. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding keywords that you want rank your page for. You can configure geo specific location settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Dickinson, North Dakota. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in North Dakota.
Dickinson Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.