Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates in Dillon and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dillon and you are wanting to rank for a local Dillon service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Dillon, South Carolina on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that property.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant web page, comment and engage the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web page and keeping a authoritative link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some information on how they will help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research backlinks, find link building opportunities, discover bad links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Dillon and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of free optimization tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your web sites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a clients online property. Some of the services provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering links referring to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the movement of individual key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding keywords that you want to rank for. You can customize geo specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Dillon, South Carolina. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in South Carolina.
Dillon Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image