Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Simply reach out to anyone of these people in Dodge City and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dodge City and you are wanting to rank for a local Dodge City service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a referral link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Dodge City, Kansas on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have had personal success locating blogs on the internet that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your site and keeping a clean backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the subscriptions and some information on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect backlinks, discover link building opportunities, discover suspicious back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Dodge City and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of limited but free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your websites optimization. For individuals managing an SEO business, this subscription allows you to monitor and track any changes with a businesses online profile. Many of the tools provided in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your website. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for locating inbound links directing to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the rankings of individual key words and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values show an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding keywords that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Dodge City, Kansas. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Kansas.
Dodge City Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.