Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Dover and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dover and you are wanting to rank for a local Dover service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Dover, New Jersey on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the web that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting article, comment and engage the community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Guarding the healthy condition of your site and keeping a clean backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some basic info on how they will help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research backlinks, find link outreach opportunities, discover bad referral links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Dover and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of free to use optimization tools for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your sites SEO. For folks running an SEO organization, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a clients online property. Some of the tools provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating backlinks referring to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to track the movement of individual keywords and URLS. A tool like this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding keywords that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like Dover, New Jersey. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable to anyone trying to rank in New Jersey.
Dover Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.