Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these connections in Dowagiac and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dowagiac and you are wanting to rank for a local Dowagiac service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Dowagiac, Michigan on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical web page, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web property and keeping a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view back links, locate link outreach opportunities, find suspicious backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Dowagiac and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free to use SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your web sites SEO. For individuals running an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online presence. Many of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. The tools made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating links referring to your website. This is helpful for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to monitor the rankings of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for finding key terms that you want to rank your property for. You can customize specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specific city and state like Dowagiac, Michigan. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Michigan.
Dowagiac Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.