Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Downey and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Downey and you are wanting to rank for a local Downey service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a backlink. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Downey, California on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are many other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web page and maintaining a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of those subscriptions and some info on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view back links, discover linking opportunities, find malicious back links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Downey and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this site to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your web sites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a clients online property. Some of the service software offered in this interface are position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient tool that allows you to monitor the health of your site. Most of the tools available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying inbound links pointing to your site. This is helpful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to track the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen show an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating keywords that you want rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Downey, California. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable to anyone trying to rank in California.
Downey Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.