Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Simply reach out to any of these connections in Draper and ask them to include an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Draper and you are wanting to rank for a local Draper service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a referral link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Draper, Utah on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have had personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant web page, comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are other dashboards that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your web page and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those tools and some basic info on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate referral links, locate link building opportunities, discover suspicious referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Draper and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free optimization dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to monitor the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For people managing an SEO organization, this software also allows you to maintain and track changes with a businesses online property. Many of the tools offered in this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive dashboard that allows you to manage the condition of your site. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying inbound links directing to your web site. This is useful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software like this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating key phrases that you want to rank for. You can choose geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Draper, Utah. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Utah.
Draper Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.