Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these people in Dubuque and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dubuque and you are wanting to rank for a local Dubuque service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to produce a backlink. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Dubuque, Iowa on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were topical to our page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting article, comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your property and keeping a authoritative link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those dashboards and some basic info on how they will assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate unwanted referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Dubuque and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free to use optimization optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your web sites SEO. For individuals managing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to monitor and track changes with a clients online property. Many of the tools offered through this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your website. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating links referring to your web site. This is useful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying key terms that you want rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Dubuque, Iowa. These key phrases that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Dubuque Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.