Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Duluth and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Duluth and you are wanting to rank for a local Duluth service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a referral link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Duluth, Minnesota on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are some of those interfaces and some information on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, discover linking opportunities, locate unwanted backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Duluth and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your websites optimization. For individuals running an SEO agency, this software allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your site. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering inbound links directing to your website. This is great for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URL strings. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking details refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key terms that you want to rank your site for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Duluth, Minnesota. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Duluth Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.