Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to anyone of these associates in Dunbar and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dunbar and you are wanting to rank for a local Dunbar service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a an inbound link. Setting up profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Dunbar, West Virginia on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your web page and keeping a nice back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some information on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect backlinks, find link outreach opportunities, locate negative back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Dunbar and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free to use SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for maintaining your websites SEO. For individuals running an SEO organization, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online presence. Some of the tools provided through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating links directing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the movement of individual keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating keywords that you want rank for. You can customize geo specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specific city and state like Dunbar, West Virginia. These key phrases that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable for anyone trying to rank in West Virginia.
Dunbar Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.