Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to anyone of these individuals in Dunwoody and ask them to post an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dunwoody and you are wanting to rank for a local Dunwoody service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a referral link. Creating profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Dunwoody, Georgia on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google offers, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a clean referral link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some info on how they can help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, locate link outreach opportunities, find negative backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Dunwoody and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your web sites SEO. For people managing an SEO business, this tool allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Most of the tools offered through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating referral links directing to your site. This is great for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual key words and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor movement and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying key phrases that you want to rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Dunwoody, Georgia. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume info, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Georgia.
Dunwoody Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.