Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates in Durango and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Durango and you are wanting to rank for a local Durango service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a referral link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Durango, Colorado on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of the tools and some basic information on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect inbound links, locate link outreach opportunities, discover unwanted referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Durango and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use optimization tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your web sites SEO. For people running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to monitor and track changes with a businesses online property. Many of the tools offered through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. Most of the features available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating backlinks directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values indicate a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can configure specific location settings to identify keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Durango, Colorado. These key phrases that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Colorado.
Durango Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.