Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these associates in Eagan and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Eagan and you are wanting to rank for a local Eagan service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only have a local presence in Eagan, Minnesota on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the health of your property and maintaining a clean link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those dashboards and some info on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, discover link outreach opportunities, discover malicious back links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Eagan and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your websites optimization. For individuals managing an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to monitor and track any changes with a clients online property. Some of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that allows you to manage the health of your site. The tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering inbound links pointing to your site. This is helpful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying keywords that you want to rank for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Eagan, Minnesota. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched terms is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Eagan Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.