Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these connections in Eagle Point and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Eagle Point and you are wanting to rank for a local Eagle Point service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Eagle Point, Oregon on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant article, comment and engage the community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the health of your property and keeping a authoritative referral link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate backlinks, find linking opportunities, find negative backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Eagle Point and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free to use SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For folks overseeing an SEO business, this software also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the services provided through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive interface that allows you to manage the condition of your website. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying backlinks pointing to your site. This is helpful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating key terms that you want to rank your site for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Eagle Point, Oregon. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Oregon.
Eagle Point Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image