Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these people in East Grand Forks and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in East Grand Forks and you are wanting to rank for a local East Grand Forks service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in East Grand Forks, Minnesota on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google offers, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web property and keeping a clean referral link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some info on how they could help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to locate backlinks, find link building opportunities, discover unwanted backlinks, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to East Grand Forks and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to monitor the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your sites SEO. For folks managing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online profile. Many of the tools offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying backlinks referring to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like East Grand Forks, Minnesota. These key words that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
East Grand Forks
East Grand Forks Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.