Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these connections in East Lansing and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in East Lansing and you are wanting to rank for a local East Lansing service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in East Lansing, Michigan on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google offers, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your property and keeping a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are some of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research referral links, find link outreach opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to East Lansing and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free to use optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this tool to evaluate the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your websites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a clients online profile. Some of the services provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. Many of the tools made available on Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool used for identifying links referring to your site. This is great for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For people looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank for. You can choose specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like East Lansing, Michigan. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful feature is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Michigan.
East Lansing Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.