Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these people in East Palo Alto and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in East Palo Alto and you are wanting to rank for a local East Palo Alto service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in East Palo Alto, California on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the interfaces and some information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate inbound links, locate link building opportunities, find malicious links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to East Palo Alto and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free SEO tools for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to check the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For individuals running an SEO organization, this tool allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the tools offered through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your site. The features available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying backlinks pointing to your website. This is helpful for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key terms that you want to rank for. You can choose geo-specific location identification settings to identify keyword search volume in a specified city and state like East Palo Alto, California. These key terms that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in California.
East Palo Alto
East Palo Alto Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.