Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to any of these associates in Edgewood and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Edgewood and you are wanting to rank for a local Edgewood service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a referral link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Edgewood, Kentucky on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are many other utilities that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the health of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those software interfaces and some basic information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, find link outreach opportunities, find negative referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Edgewood and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your web sites optimization. For folks running an SEO business, this subscription also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the services provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. The tools made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying back links referring to your site. This is great for finding good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to follow the rankings of unique key words and URL strings. Software like this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Edgewood, Kentucky. These key words that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Kentucky.
Edgewood Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.