Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to anyone of these connections in Edina and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Edina and you are wanting to rank for a local Edina service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Edina, Minnesota on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web page and keeping a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view inbound links, discover link building opportunities, discover malicious back links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Edina and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites optimization. For individuals running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to monitor and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the service software provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your website. Most of the tools available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool used for discovering links referring to your website. This is great for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the rankings of specific key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating key phrases that you want to rank for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Edina, Minnesota. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Edina Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.