Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Edmond and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Edmond and you are wanting to rank for a local Edmond service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Edmond, Oklahoma on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant article, comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web property and keeping a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of those software interfaces and some basic info on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research referral links, locate link building opportunities, discover negative links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Edmond and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a clients online property. Most of the tools offered through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that allows you to manage the health of your site. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering inbound links pointing to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to follow the movement of individual keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank your property for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specific city and state like Edmond, Oklahoma. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Oklahoma.
Edmond Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.