Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these associates in Edmonds and ask them to include an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Edmonds and you are wanting to rank for a local Edmonds service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Edmonds, Washington on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting web page, comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of those interfaces and some information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to view back links, locate link building opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Edmonds and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of free SEO tools for you guys that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to monitor the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online property. Some of the service software provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool used for identifying inbound links directing to your web site. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Edmonds, Washington. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Washington.
Edmonds Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.