Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these connections in El Cajon and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in El Cajon and you are wanting to rank for a local El Cajon service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in El Cajon, California on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your property and maintaining a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view backlinks, discover link outreach opportunities, discover malicious backlinks, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to El Cajon and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. Use this software to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your sites SEO. For individuals managing an SEO agency, this subscription also allows you to monitor and track any changes with a clients online property. Most of the tools offered in this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for discovering inbound links referring to your web site. This is useful for discovering good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want to rank your property for. You can choose specific location settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like El Cajon, California. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in California.
El Cajon Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.