What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can find it, read it, and serve it to people that may be searching for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By following W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your sites SEO makes it through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s consistent across all search consoles and social profiles.
SEO Is Not Only For Your Website!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social profiles can be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, or for local seo in El Paso it should happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our suggestion, focus on what makes sense, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Resort to this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should read more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, make sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are basic guidelines to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to skim through that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should be adequate until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in El Paso then you will want to consider using El Paso in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the article you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you name the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in El Paso” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users install plugins to optimize their sites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin installs with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed and activated will allow you to configure your site more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound link with anchor to a site that also offers value to the reader. Don’t send an outbound link with anchor to another page about the same topic, instead create the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you are attempting to rank your site for. Creating an authority link to another local El Paso company site can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to include Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Content – Create as much valuable content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes photos, text, motion graphics, documents, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Images – If you can design quality graphics to host on your site then do it. Label your photos with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in El Paso then consider labeling it “El Paso town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in El Paso is searching for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in El Paso proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be rich with quality content. Words, graphics, videos, internal links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create great videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to engage, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to any of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in El Paso on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important factor now may become even less effective in the future. We believe by following web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your content to be optimized for years to come.
El Paso SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.