Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates in Elgin and ask them to post an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elgin and you are wanting to rank for a local Elgin service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Elgin, Illinois on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding articles on the web that were topical to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are a few of those tools and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research referral links, locate linking opportunities, find bad links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Elgin and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of limited but free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your sites SEO. For those of you running an SEO organization, this subscription also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Some of the service software offered in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that allows you to manage the health of your web site. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool used for discovering referral links pointing to your web site. This is helpful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the movement of specific key words and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank your site for. You can configure specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Elgin, Illinois. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful tool is the search graph, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Elgin Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.