Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to one of these people in Elizabeth City and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elizabeth City and you are wanting to rank for a local Elizabeth City service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Elizabeth City, North Carolina on those platforms but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an topical article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and keeping a clean link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of the interfaces and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect back links, discover link building opportunities, discover malicious back links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Elizabeth City and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free to use optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to evaluate the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites optimization. For individuals running an SEO agency, this tool allows you to monitor and track sudden changes with a clients online presence. Some of the tools offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your website. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool used for identifying back links pointing to your website. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to monitor progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key terms that you want to rank your property for. You can choose specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Elizabeth City, North Carolina. These key phrases that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful tool is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in North Carolina.
Elizabeth City Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.