Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these connections in Elizabeth and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elizabeth and you are wanting to rank for a local Elizabeth service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a backlink. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Elizabeth, Kentucky on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and maintaining a nice back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those tools and some basic info on how they could help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect back links, locate linking opportunities, find bad links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Elizabeth and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free to use optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your websites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a clients online presence. Most of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive piece of software that allows you to manage the health of your web site. The features available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering backlinks pointing to your website. This is great for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank for. You can configure geo specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Elizabeth, Kentucky. These key terms that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Kentucky.
Elizabeth Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.