Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Elk City and ask them to post an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elk City and you are wanting to rank for a local Elk City service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a link. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Elk City, Oklahoma on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web property and maintaining a authoritative back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those dashboards and some basic info on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, locate unwanted back links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Elk City and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free to use SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this software to check the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your web sites optimization. For those of you running an SEO business, this software allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a businesses online property. Most of the services offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful piece of software that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your website. Many of the features available on Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying referral links referring to your website. This is great for discovering good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of specific key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Elk City, Oklahoma. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Oklahoma.
Elk City Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.