Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these people in Elk River and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elk River and you are wanting to rank for a local Elk River service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Elk River, Minnesota on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and keeping a nice back link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those interfaces and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to research inbound links, find link building opportunities, locate negative referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Elk River and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this site to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For people running an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and track any changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the services offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your site. Most of the tools made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating inbound links referring to your web site. This is helpful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to follow the rankings of specific keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for finding key terms that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Elk River, Minnesota. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Elk River Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.