Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Simply reach out to anyone of these individuals in Elkton and ask them to include an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elkton and you are wanting to rank for a local Elkton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a referral link. Setting up business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Elkton, Maryland on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the web that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of the subscriptions and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, discover link outreach opportunities, discover malicious referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Elkton and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of free to use optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. Use this software to check the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your web sites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the tools offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that allows you to manage the condition of your site. Many of the tools made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering inbound links referring to your website. This is helpful for finding good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding key phrases that you want to rank your property for. You can choose specific location settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Elkton, Maryland. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume chart, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Maryland.
Elkton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.