Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Just reach out to any of these connections in Ellettsville and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Ellettsville and you are wanting to rank for a local Ellettsville service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a referral link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Ellettsville, Indiana on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for sites on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and keeping a authoritative link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of the subscriptions and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view referral links, find linking opportunities, find suspicious referral links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Ellettsville and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free optimization dashboards for you guys that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. Use this software to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your sites SEO. For folks managing an SEO agency, this subscription also allows you to maintain and track any changes with a clients online property. Most of the service software offered in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient piece of software that allows you to monitor the health of your website. Most of the tools made available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering back links directing to your site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the rankings of specific key words and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding keywords that you want to rank your page for. You can configure specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Ellettsville, Indiana. These key terms that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search chart, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Indiana.
Ellettsville Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.