Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these connections in Elmhurst and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elmhurst and you are wanting to rank for a local Elmhurst service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Elmhurst, Illinois on those platforms but to also backlink to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting web page, comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other dashboards that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a nice link profile is essential for ranking. Here are some of those software interfaces and some information on how they could assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, discover suspicious referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Elmhurst and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free optimization tools for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your web sites optimization. For folks running an SEO business, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software provided in this interface are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. Most of the features available on Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for locating inbound links directing to your web site. This is helpful for finding good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to monitor the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software like this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying keywords that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to identify keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Elmhurst, Illinois. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Elmhurst Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.