Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these individuals in Elmira and ask them to post an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elmira and you are wanting to rank for a local Elmira service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a an inbound link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Elmira, New York on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant article, comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your web site and maintaining a authoritative backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, find link building opportunities, find suspicious backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Elmira and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this software to evaluate the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for maintaining your websites SEO. For folks running an SEO agency, this subscription also allows you to monitor and track changes with a clients online property. Some of the service software provided in this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your website. Many of the tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering links referring to your web site. This is useful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want to rank your property for. You can customize specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Elmira, New York. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in New York.
Elmira Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.