Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Elon and ask them to post an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elon and you are wanting to rank for a local Elon service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a backlink. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Elon, North Carolina on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the health of your web site and maintaining a clean back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of those dashboards and some info on how they will help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view inbound links, find link building opportunities, discover malicious links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Elon and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your websites optimization. For individuals running an SEO business, this tool also allows you to monitor and track changes with a businesses online property. Many of the tools provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your web site. The tools available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying back links referring to your site. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want to rank your property for. You can configure specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specific city and state like Elon, North Carolina. These key words that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search info, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in North Carolina.
Elon Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.