Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to any of these connections in Elsmere and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elsmere and you are wanting to rank for a local Elsmere service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Elsmere, Delaware on those profiles but to also send links back to your page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, comment and engage the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google offers, there are other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and maintaining a nice back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of those tools and some basic information on how they could help you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate inbound links, find linking opportunities, find bad backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Elsmere and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of limited but free optimization tools for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your sites SEO. For individuals overseeing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a clients online profile. Many of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. Most of the features available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering inbound links directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to monitor the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding keywords that you want to rank for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Elsmere, Delaware. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Delaware.
Elsmere Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.