Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections in Escanaba and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Escanaba and you are wanting to rank for a local Escanaba service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a backlink. Setting up profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Escanaba, Michigan on those platforms but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your web site and maintaining a nice back link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of the interfaces and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to inspect back links, locate link building opportunities, locate negative back links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Escanaba and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to evaluate the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for managing your web sites SEO. For people running an SEO business, this subscription allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features made available on Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating links directing to your site. This is helpful for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in rankings while the green values displayed show an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Escanaba, Michigan. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Michigan.
Escanaba Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.