Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to one of these associates in Evanston and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Evanston and you are wanting to rank for a local Evanston service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Evanston, Illinois on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were topical to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your site and keeping a clean backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are a few of the dashboards and some information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect inbound links, find link building opportunities, find unwanted backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Evanston and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to evaluate the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your websites optimization. For people overseeing an SEO agency, this tool allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a clients online presence. Many of the service software provided through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your site. The features made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying backlinks referring to your web site. This is useful for finding good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking details refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying keywords that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like Evanston, Illinois. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search chart, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Evanston Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image