What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to web standards so that search engine like Yahoo can find it, index it, and deliver it to people that are looking for your products or services online.
By staying within W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your SEO stays healthy through algorithm patches and that it’s useful across all search engines and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Websites!
Images, video, documents, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Evansville it may take around three to six months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in Indiana is different. So our suggestion, focus on what matters, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Below Are 4 References To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Document from Google – Reference this document for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should read more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, be sure to refer to this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are some basic guidelines to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to reference that Google PDF file I linked to above, then this should suffice until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Evansville then you will want to consider using Evansville in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the text you will be writing for your site, now I recommend you name the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your site for “good food in Evansville” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to help optimize their sites. The most popular plugin installed as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin installs with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed and activated should allow you to optimize your web site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link with anchor to a website that also offers value. Do not create an outbound link to another site about the same topic, instead include the link to to a page that is somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your site for. Building a link to another local Evansville company site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website builder that allows you to create Header Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your readers what the content is about.
• Content – Provide as much valuable content to the end users as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include images, writings, videos, documents, optimized maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Photos – If you have quality photos to share on your page then do it. Label your graphics with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a phone a router.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Evansville then consider labeling it “Evansville town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Evansville is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Evansville proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with content. Articles, photos, motion graphics, authority links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create nice videos on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to engage, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your web page.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Creating profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Evansville on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for sites on the internet that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what may be an important factor now may become even less effective in the future. I believe by staying within W3 standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never last long, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Evansville SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.