Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these connections in Evansville and ask them to post an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Evansville and you are wanting to rank for a local Evansville service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only have a local presence in Evansville, Wisconsin on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google makes available, there are many other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your site and maintaining a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking. Here are some of the interfaces and some basic information on how they could help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, find link building opportunities, locate suspicious backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Evansville and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this site to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to monitor and track changes with a clients online presence. Most of the tools provided in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the tools made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying referral links pointing to your site. This is great for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. A tool like this is needed to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating keywords that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Evansville, Wisconsin. These key phrases that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Wisconsin.
Evansville Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.