Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to one of these individuals in Excelsior Springs and ask them to post an article about you or your business on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Excelsior Springs and you are wanting to rank for a local Excelsior Springs service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Excelsior Springs, Missouri on those platforms but to also send links back to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an topical article, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your property and maintaining a clean backlink profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they could help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, locate negative referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Excelsior Springs and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your sites optimization. For those of you running an SEO organization, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Some of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for locating links referring to your site. This is helpful for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking stats indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed represent a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key terms that you want rank for. You can configure specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like Excelsior Springs, Missouri. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Missouri.
Excelsior Springs Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.