What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Google can locate it, read it, and present it to people that are looking for your products or services offered on the internet.
By following W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your SEO lasts through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social accounts.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Pictures, videos, Google documents, and social properties can be optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing web URLS can be a daunting task.
Proper optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Kalispell it could happen in 3-6 months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Montana is going to be different. So our Oklahoma City SEO recommendation, pay attention to what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time you do it.
These Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Use this document for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts immensely, make sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a goal to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are some basic guidelines to follow. If you have not had the time to access that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should help until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Kalispell then you will want to consider using Kalispell in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the article you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you name the URL something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Kalispell” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users install plugins to help optimize their pages. The most popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast has some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated will allow you to seo your web page more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value. Do not include an outbound authority link to another page about the same service or product, rather include the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are trying to rank your page for. Sending an authority link to another local Kalispell company site can help provide location relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page builder that allows you to add Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Create as much useful content to the viewer as you can, see below. This should include photos, articles, video, word docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Photos – If you can make quality pictures to host on your web page then do it. Label your photos with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Kalispell then consider labeling it “Kalispell town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Kalispell is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Kalispell proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with quality content. Articles, graphics, motion graphics, nofollow links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create nice videos on your mobile device and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to anyone of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Kalispell on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for sites on the web that were topical to my website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important factor today could become even less relevant in the future. I believe by sticking to W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Kalispell SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.