Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these people in Kent and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Kent and you are wanting to rank for a local Kent service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Kent, Ohio on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant web page, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of those interfaces and some information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect back links, locate link building opportunities, locate unwanted links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Kent and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of free optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
DA and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this site to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For individuals running an SEO business, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the service software offered through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive interface that allows you to manage the condition of your site. The features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering back links directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool built by an SEO agency from Dubai that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual key words and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want rank for. You can customize specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Kent, Ohio. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search volume chart, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Kent Off Page SEO
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.