What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines like Bing can locate it, index it, and serve it to people in need that have been seeking out your products or services on the internet.
By referencing W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your SEO stays healthy through search algorithm patches and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social accounts.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Litchfield Park it may happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Arizona is different. So our suggestion, focus on what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
These Are Four Links To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Reference this guide for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies immensely, please be sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I do think there are basic rules to pay attention to. If you haven’t had the time to skim through the Google PDF document I linked to above, then this will suffice until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Litchfield Park then you will want to consider using Litchfield Park in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the text you will be adding to your site, now be sure you label the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your site for “good food in Litchfield Park” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their websites. A popular plugin installed as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated should allow you to configure your web page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link to a website that also offers value. I would not build an outbound authority link to another website about the same topic, rather send the link with anchor to something semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are trying to rank your site for. Creating an outbound link to another local Litchfield Park company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to include H Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Site Content – Include as much engaging content to the viewer as possible, see the content pointers below. This can include photos, articles, video, word docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Pictures – If you can design unique photos to include on your post then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label an image of a phone a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Litchfield Park then consider labeling it “Litchfield Park town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Litchfield Park is searching for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Litchfield Park proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be rich with content. Articles, graphics, videos, internal links, documents, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of unique content to consume, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these people and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Setting up profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Litchfield Park on those profiles but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important variable today might become less effective in the future. We believe by sticking to W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Litchfield Park SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.