What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to web standards so that the search engines like Google can locate it, read it, and deliver it to people that are seeking out your products or services online.
By following W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s useful between all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, video, docs, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing internet properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Mishawaka it should happen in three to six months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Indiana is going to be different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, pay attention to what matters, provide value, and do it right the first time around.
Here Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Guide from Google – Use this manual for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization processes greatly, make sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I do think there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to read the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Mishawaka then you will want to consider using Mishawaka in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the text you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Mishawaka” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their pages. The most popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO installs with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed & activated will allow you to configure your page more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound authority link to a website that also offers value. Do not send an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another site about the same thing, rather send the link with anchor to to a page that is somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are attempting to rank your site for. Sending a link to another local Mishawaka business web site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a website building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Produce as much engaging content to the user as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include images, text, youtube videos, word docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and much more.
• Images – If you can make your own graphics to embed on your post then do it. Label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Mishawaka then consider labeling it “Mishawaka town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Mishawaka is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Mishawaka proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be flowing with quality content. Articles, images, motion graphics, authority links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create custom videos on your tablet and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a backlink. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Mishawaka on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating sites on the internet that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That is a comment link.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what might be an important variable now might become even less relevant tomorrow. I believe by sticking to web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Mishawaka SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.