What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engine like Yahoo can locate it, read it, and deliver it to people in need that may be searching for your products or services offered on the internet.
By abiding by W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your websites SEO makes it through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s consistent across all search engines and social profiles.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Graphics, videos, documents, and social profiles can be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web URLS can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Overland Park it should take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your property is almost next to impossible. Every city in Kansas is different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what matters, provide value, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
These Are Four References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Reference this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization processes immensely, be sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are some basic guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to reference the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help you until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Overland Park then you will want to consider using Overland Park in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the text you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you label the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Overland Park” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to help optimize their sites. The most popular plugin used as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated should allow you to optimize your site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound link to a site that also provides value. Don’t create an outbound authority link with anchor to another site about the same service or product, instead send the link to to a page that is somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you are trying to rank your web site for. Building an authority link to another local Overland Park business can help provide location relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to include Header Tags then do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the article is about.
• Content – Produce as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see below. This should include pictures, writings, motion graphics, word docs, Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and more.
• Photos – If you can design quality photos to include on your site then do it. Be sure to label your pictures with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of an iPad a monitor.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Overland Park then consider labeling it “Overland Park town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Overland Park is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Overland Park proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with content. Text, photos, motion graphics, links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a hosted video provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Overland Park on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, comment and engage with the community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what might be an important factor today may become less relevant tomorrow. We believe by following web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for a long time.
Overland Park SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.