What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engine like Yahoo can find it, read it, and serve it to web users that may be looking for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your websites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s powerful between all search engines and social media platforms.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Pembroke Park it could take around three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in Florida is going to be different. So our recommendation, focus on what matters, give away information, and do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Links To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Guide from Google – Reference this guide for optimizing your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can read more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization processes greatly, make sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are some basic rules to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to access the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should help until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Pembroke Park then you will want to consider using Pembroke Park in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the article you will be writing for your site, now be sure you label the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your web page for “good food in Pembroke Park” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users take advantage of plugins to optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. Yoast comes with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to optimize your page more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value to the reader. I would not build an outbound authority link to another site about the same topic, instead include the link to to a property that’s semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be trying to rank your web site for. Sending an outbound link to another local Pembroke Park business will help provide geographic relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to add H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the article will be about.
• Content – Provide as much valuable content to your audience as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include images, writings, motion graphics, PDF files, optimized maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you have your own graphics to embed on your post then do it. Label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Pembroke Park then consider labeling it “Pembroke Park town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Pembroke Park is searching for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Pembroke Park proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be flowing with quality content. Text, graphics, motion graphics, internal links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create nice videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to engage, and it provides the search engines more unique content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your web page.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Pembroke Park on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding articles on the web that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable now could become less effective in the future. I believe by staying within W3C standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be optimized for years to come.
Pembroke Park SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.