What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines like Bing can find it, analyze it, and serve it to web users that have been looking for your products or services online.
By referencing W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your websites SEO stays healthy through search algorithm modifications and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social profiles.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, videos, Google documents, and social profiles can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web properties can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Pensacola it could happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in Florida is going to be different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what makes sense, give away information, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Manual from Google – Resort to this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You can find out more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, be sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear rules to abide by. If you have not had the time to access the Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Pensacola then you will want to consider using Pensacola in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be adding to your site, now I recommend you name the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Pensacola” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to further optimize their websites. A real popular plugin utilized as of this article is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed should allow you to configure your page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound “nofollow” link to a site that also offers value. Do not build an outbound authority link to another website about the same service or product, instead send the link to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your web site for. Sending an outbound link to another local Pensacola company site can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website builder that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Site Content – Create as much engaging content to the viewer as you can, see below. This should include pictures, text, youtube videos, docs, optimized Google maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can get unique images to share on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your photos with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a phone a router.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Pensacola then consider labeling it “Pensacola town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Pensacola is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Pensacola proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be flowing with quality content. Articles, pictures, videos, hyper-links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create custom videos on your cell phone and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines more unique content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Pensacola on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the internet that were relevant to my website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an topical web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor today could become even less effective in the future. I believe by following W3 standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be ranking for a long time.
Pensacola SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.